Complaints Handling Policy
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us in writing with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to The Property Ombudsman.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within Seven days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Managing Director, Paul Wilson, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Paul will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Paul will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Paul will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for [another director …or… someone unconnected with the matter at the firm, to review his/her own decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact:
The Property Ombudsman,
43-55 Milford Street
Salisbury Wiltshire SP1 2BP
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Property Ombudsman within twelve months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Property Ombudsman on 01722 333306